Reports to: Director, Smart Grid Operations, The Navy Yard
The Navy Yard is a 1,200-acre dynamic and urban development, offering the Philadelphia region a unique and centrally located waterfront business campus committed to smart energy innovation and sustainability. The Navy Yard is home to more than 12,000 employees and 152 companies in the office, industrial, manufacturing, and research and development sectors, occupying 7.5 million square feet of real estate in a mix of historic buildings and new high performance and LEED® certified construction.
The CO-OP student selected for this role will be responsible for preparing a utility data analysis for customer usage, rate design, distribution grid management and PJM market interaction. The Navy Yard is a large, private medium voltage microgrid with over 100 commercial and industrial facilities.
- Pursing Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from four-year college or university.
- Organized, disciplined thinker with ability to work independently in fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to handle all levels of work, both complex and repetitive tasks.
- Excellent time management and project management skills; must be able to track and manage details for projects/tasks, and prioritize against daily responsibilities.
- Strong people and communication skills are essential. Must interact productively with many different types of personalities and work levels.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Self-directed: able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Task oriented: able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Must be able to manage projects effectively in order to meet time line goal
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Detail oriented approach to workflow
- Must possess strong analytical skills
- See, hear, and speak with sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks
Demonstrate Cognitive Ability To:
- Follow directions and routines
- Concentrate, memorize, and recall
- Identify logical connections and determine sequence of response
- Process up to 2-3 steps ahead
- Evaluate problems and escalate / inform Management as necessary
- Lift/lower, push/pull and carry objects/parcels no greater than 50 pounds; when lifting/lowering, pushing/pulling and carrying objects/parcels greater than 50 pounds use 2 people or mechanical means
Interested intern applicants should submit a cover letter and resume electronically to the contact info below.
PIDC promotes a culture of inclusion and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.