DEPARTMENT: THE NAVY YARD
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR, NAVY YARD LEASING & DEVELOPMENT
PIDC is Philadelphia’s public-private economic development corporation.
Our mission is to spur investment, support business growth, and foster developments that create jobs, revitalize neighborhoods, and drive growth to every corner of Philadelphia. You can learn more about PIDC at www.pidcphila.com.
Since acquiring 1,200 acres of the shuttered Philadelphia Naval Shipyard from the federal government in 2000, PIDC has managed its transition to a thriving, riverfront campus with over 170 diverse companies and 15,000 employees. You can learn more about the Navy Yard, its history, current activity and plans for growth at www.NavyYard.org.
- Support a portfolio of projects related to real estate leasing and development, including renovations of existing of PIDC-owned assets and the strategic vision for 3rd party-owned assets and infrastructure;
- Develop, support, and deliver strategic feasibility and financial analyses related to prospective real estate projects;
- Support key campus planning initiatives, including the Navy Yard’s 2021 Master Plan Update;
- Enhance and assist with the development of marketing collateral related to PIDC’s leasing portfolio;
- Support Business Development initiatives by engaging directly with prospects, tenants, real estate brokers, and public partners to generate new contacts and leads, showcase the Navy Yard, and produce a high-quality pipeline of leasing, development, and land sale transactions at the Navy Yard;
- Assist with presentations and tours as needed;
- Assist and support competitive public procurement for key Navy Yard projects, including development of procurement documents and coordination of procurement processes;
- Develop written and graphic materials (e.g. memos, spreadsheets, Powerpoint presentations), as directed, to advance and execute projects;
- Conduct competive analyses related to leasing, development, and renovation related activities;
- Assist and support migration of Navy Yard assets, projects, and transactions to Salesforce;
- Support the Navy Yard team on a diverse array of projects, as assigned;
- Support the Navy Yard team’s commitment to PIDC’s mission; and
- All other duties as assigned by the Director and SVP, Navy Yard.
- Undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in and/or planning to continue academic studies at an accredited 4-year college and/or university.
- Student majoring in Business, Real Estate, Engineering, or Regional and Urban Planning.
- Proficient working with Microsoft Office Suite or similar programs.
Note: This is a paid summer internship opportunity. Interns are paid on a biweekly basis. This internship opportunity is scheduled to start on June 1, 2021, and end on August 31, 2021.
Interested applicants should electronically submit a cover letter and resume electronically to the contact information below.
PIDC promotes a culture of inclusion and does not discriminate based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.