DEPARTMENT: THE NAVY YARD
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR, NAVY YARD MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
PIDC is Philadelphia’s public-private economic development corporation.
Our mission is to spur investment, support business growth, and foster developments that create jobs, revitalize neighborhoods, and drive growth to every corner of Philadelphia. You can learn more about PIDC at www.pidcphila.com.
Since acquiring 1,200 acres of the shuttered Philadelphia Naval Shipyard from the federal government in 2000, PIDC has managed its transition to a thriving, riverfront campus with over 170 diverse companies and 15,000 employees. You can learn more about the Navy Yard, its history, current activity and plans for growth at www.NavyYard.org.
PIDC seeks a highly organized, energetic, and poised individual to join its team at the Navy Yard as Community Engagement Coordinator. Reporting to PIDC’s Director, Navy Yard Marketing and Communications, this individual will be responsible for booking and managing external events, planning, and delivering Navy Yard community programming and a corporate social responsibility agenda; managing all Navy Yard social media channels; and assisting with other digital marketing and place-based marketing. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Venue Sales & Event Planning
- Manage all aspects of Navy Yard event venue requests;
- Coordinate all approvals and logistics for tenant events, and concerts, road races, festivals, and other events produced by outside partners at the Navy Yard;
- Draft license agreements; collect and process site fees and certificates of insurance and organize and file all paperwork; and
- Track events from application to completion to ensure a successful event.
Community Events & Programming
- Deliver all aspects of planning, organizing, marketing, and executing PIDC’s Navy Yard internal community events including, but not limited to, twice-weekly Lunch Truck Lineup, annual Navy Yard 5k and wellness expo, annual Executive’s breakfast, groundbreakings and ribbon cuttings, lecture series, fitness and wellness events, Al Fresco market, Bring Your Child to Work Day, Earth Day, and Employee Appreciation Day;
- Evaluate existing events for alignment with PIDC’s goals to make the Navy Yard a dynamic and inclusive place to work, visit, invest, and develop and ideate new concepts to add to event roster; and
- Conceptualize creative materials with graphic designer; print and distribute signage/flyers/swag; and create social media, email, and website content.
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Research, propose, develop, refine, and execute a broad and ambitious campus-wide agenda for corporate social responsibility at the Navy Yard, in collaboration with the Navy Yard leadership team and stakeholders;
- Facilitate partnerships between Navy Yard employers and service opportunities, including but not limited to: adoption of the Bregy Elementary School, American Red Cross blood drive, WMMR/Philabundance food drive, and FDR Park;
- Organize annual event and support new programming focusing on connecting minority- and women-owned businesses with procurement opportunities at the Navy Yard; and
- Assist with the quarterly meeting of the Navy Yard Employer Engagement Committee.
Social Media & Marketing
- Manage all Navy Yard social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, and LinkedIn; including daily posts and responses, tracking and reporting on social media and website trends, engagement, and analytics;
- Assist with updating Navy Yard website content;
- Research and write content for the Navy Yard’s e-newsletter and blog;
- Organize and host tours of the Navy Yard for a variety of stakeholders and professional groups;
- Assist in the compilation and creation of PowerPoint presentations;
- Identify opportunities to apply for relevant awards; draft and organize entries;
- Support the Navy Yard team on a diverse array of projects, as assigned;
- Support the Navy Yard team’s commitment to PIDC’s mission; and
- Other duties as required.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in related field, with relevant experience;
- 2-3 years’ experience in communications, events/program planning, and/or corporate social responsibility;
- Experience developing and executing initiatives that engage clients and/or constituencies;
- Experience executing large and complicated events;
- Fastidious attention to detail and ability to prioritize and multitask;
- Ability to collaborate within a team and take initiative to independently execute details;
- Strong sense of judgment and ability to solve problems creatively, while acting with diplomacy, poise, humility, and tact;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with diverse groups of colleagues, constituencies, and stakeholders;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated experience with social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), Microsoft Office Suite, and Salesforce (or a commitment to learn Salesforce); familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress is highly desirable - a willingness to learn is required;
- A willingness to attend occasional early morning, evening, and weekend functions;
- A valid driver’s license;
- Commitment to, and enthusiasm for, both corporate social responsibility and PIDC’s mission to attract investment, jobs, business growth and tax ratables to help improve the quality of life in Philadelphia; and
- City of Philadelphia resident or a commitment to relocate within 6 months.
Interested applicants should submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume along with annual salary requirements by no later than Friday, May 7, 2021 to the contact info below.
PIDC promotes a culture of inclusion and does not discriminate based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.