DEPARTMENT: THE NAVY YARD
REPORTS TO: SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT, NAVY YARD
PIDC is Philadelphia’s public-private economic development corporation.
Our mission is to spur investment, support business growth, and foster developments that create jobs, revitalize neighborhoods, and drive growth to every corner of Philadelphia. You can learn more about PIDC at www.pidcphila.com.
Since acquiring 1,200 acres of the shuttered Philadelphia Naval Shipyard from the federal government in 2000, PIDC has managed its transition to a thriving, riverfront campus with over 170 diverse companies and 15,000 employees. You can learn more about the Navy Yard, its history, current activity and plans for growth at www.NavyYard.org.
PIDC seeks a motivated, detail-oriented Project Manager with strong urban planning, financial analysis, and project execution skills to support a broad array of real estate, financial, operations, capital, and utility initiatives at the Navy Yard. The successful candidate will possess strong project management experience, verbal, and written communication skills, as well as demonstrated experience with Salesforce, GIS, the Adobe Creative Suite, and the Microsoft Office Suite.
Reporting to PIDC’s Senior Vice President for the Navy Yard, the Navy Yard Project Manager role presents an opportunity to join a dedicated and collaborative team that is driving the Navy Yard’s next phase of development. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and/or support Navy Yard senior leadership in managing a portfolio of projects related to real estate planning and development, infrastructure, transit, sustainability, energy, and public spaces;
- Develop, support, and deliver strategic, feasibility, operational, and financial analyses related to fiscal sustainability initiatives, real estate projects, infrastructure, transit, energy, procurement, environmental sustainability, and public spaces;
- Manage and/or support Navy Yard senior leadership in managing key campus planning initiatives, including the Navy Yard’s 2021 Master Plan Update;
- Develop procurement documents and coordinate procurement processes to support competitive public procurement for key Navy Yard projects;
- Produce written and graphic materials (e.g., memos, spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations) to effectively communicate, advance and execute projects;
- Independently develop work plans, schedules, project budgets, reporting, and compliance, and related materials to successfully advance and complete projects in a timely fashion;
- Coordinate and engage PIDC staff, project teams, consultants, contractors, business prospects, funders and/or stakeholders as required to advance projects;
- Manage and execute migration of Navy Yard assets, projects, transactions, and events to Salesforce;
- Support the development and execution of funding strategies for key infrastructure, transit, sustainability, energy, public art, and public access initiatives, including resource identification, grant writing, reporting, and compliance;
- Plan and provide presentations and tours and represent the Navy Yard at appropriate stakeholder and professional meetings;
- Support the Navy Yard team on a diverse array of projects, as assigned;
- Support the Navy Yard team’s commitment to PIDC’s mission; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; graduate degree in related field preferred.
- At least five years’ experience in project management, urban planning, and financial analysis.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience with Salesforce, GIS, the Adobe Creative Suite, and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Commitment to PIDC’s mission to attract investment, jobs, and business growth to every corner of Philadelphia.
- A valid driver’s license.
- City of Philadelphia resident or a commitment to relocate within 6 months after hire.
Interested applicants should submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume along with annual salary requirements by no later than Friday, May 7, 2021 to the contact info below.
PIDC promotes a culture of inclusion and does not discriminate based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.