POSITION: Strategy Intern
DEPARTMENT: Strategy, Communications, and Partnerships
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Resource and Product Development
Philadelphia Industrial Development Corporation (PIDC) is Philadelphia’s public-private economic development corporation. Our mission is to spur investment, support business growth, and foster developments that create jobs, revitalize neighborhoods, and drive growth to every corner of Philadelphia. You can learn more about PIDC at www.pidcphila.com.
In Fall 2021, PIDC engaged a Strategic Consultant to advance PIDC’s efforts to build from our existing economic recovery plans and PIDC’s current strategic priorities to:
Develop an Intended Impact statement and Theory of Change;
Determine key performance indicators to measure progress;
Define policies, goals, strategies, and success measures for our contracting and procurement with Black-, Indigenous- and People of Color-owned, women-owned, local, and client businesses;
Identify and assess new and sustainable revenue generation and capitalization opportunities; and
Evaluate financial, staffing, and other operational needs.
As we set forth our new strategies, PIDC is committed to incorporating three important and intersecting lenses as we approach this work: Racial Equity, Future of Work, and Environmental Sustainability & Climate Resilience.
PIDC’s Strategic Consultant engagement will conclude in Spring 2021. We are seeking to engage a Strategy Intern for the summer of 2022 to further refine our plans and support early stages of implementation across the organization. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
1) Conduct additional research and analysis or peer benchmarking around the key elements of PIDC’s strategies and activity
2) Work across the organization to gather and analyze internal data and metrics to align with the Key Performance Indicators selected to measure progress and success
3) Translate recommendations from the Strategic Consultant into actionable and immediate steps across areas such as PIDC contracting and procurement
4) Identify and research new funding sources and draft grant proposals to support PIDC capitalization needs in alignment with the strategic plan
5) Evaluate additional earned revenue models, including ways to drive growth in net income of PIDC’s lending portfolio and third-party fee-for-service contract opportunities.
6) All other intern duties and responsibilities as assigned.
7) Student must be enrolled in and/or planning to continue their academic studies at an accredited 4-year college and/or university.
8) Ability to work remotely throughout the 2022 summer season, starting June 1 through August 31.
Interested applicants should electronically submit a cover letter and resume by no later than Friday, April 29, 2022, to the contact info below.